Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Foot prints left behind...

     I have never really given much thought to the common question that a lot of people are asking now a days. What kind of mark would I want to leave in the world? I think most people would want to be great and to leave a legacy behind that will be remembered generation after generations. I mean who would not want to be remembered after they have passed away, right? I think what would be more important to me than being great would be showing the love of God and having integrity that stands strong for what I believe.
      Many times it irks me to hear when people say that Christians are hypocrites. It bothers me that they call us that but not as much as it bothers me that we give the world a reason to. Admittedly, I too have fallen underneath this category. By no means am I perfect or ever will be, through my weakness God is made perfect. Therefore, I want strive to make decisions in life that will bring God glory and lift him up and show the world Gods love for them. Going into a social work career, this gives me the opportunity to show the love of God and make decisions with integrity that will make a difference in the lives that I come in contact with. Being able to meet the needs of those who are less fortunate will be a joy because I know that God will bless every person I meet and that he will work in their hearts and lives.
     I want to be remembered for the love that I have for God and to show the Love of God to others. With acts of integrity, I hope and pray that God will always be represented in truth and never be looked down upon because of decisions that I have made. I never want to contradict God and what he says. I pray that I will never be a stumbling block to others but that I may be transparent so that God would be able to shine through me! I want God to be known and  remembered through the life I lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment